High School seniors who have been active in 4-H are eligible to apply for the Texas Extension Education Association District Scholarship. One $1500 scholarship is given in each of the 12 Extension Districts in Texas each year. One applicant from Cooke County will be selected to be forwarded to the District Scholarship Selection Committee.
Applications are due by 4PM on February 15th to the Cooke County Office. No Late Entries will be accepted.
• Be a United States citizen.
• Be currently an active senior 4-H member in good standing with county 4-H program for the last four (4) years.
• Demonstrate leadership and personal development through 4-H.
• Will attend an accredited institution of higher learning: university, community college, trade or technical school in fall following judging.
• Have not passed 19th birthday before January 1 of current year.
• Have not previously received a State TEEA scholarship. • Complete a Texas 4-H Recordbook (updated through previous year’s Texas 4-H Recordbook judging deadline).
• Complete TEEA 4-H Scholarship Application and provide other required materials.
APPLICATION SUBMISSION PROCESS:
1. Postmarked on or before February 15, submit to the Cooke County AgriLife Extension office in a manila envelope:
❖ Envelope labeled with the applicant’s name and county.
❖ Only a black and white copy of Texas 4-H Recordbook from the previous year’s Texas 4-H Recordbook judging deadline of August 31 accepted.
❖ Official high school transcript with ACT and/or SAT scores included.
❖ Completed TEEA 4-H Scholarship Application. Download application here
❖ Two letters of recommendation: one from a county Extension agent or 4-H club manager and one from a teacher, employer, or community leader (not a relative).
2. If the applicant wants these materials returned, include a postage-paid, self-addressed envelope and letter of request.
Criteria and Available Points to Award:
4-H Experience & Projects 35
4-H Leadership, Citizenship, & Community Service 30
4-H Honors 15
Non 4-H Leadership, Honors, Work Experience, Volunteer/Community Service 10
High school transcript with ACT and/or SAT 10
Total Available Points to Award 100